Effective date: October 2018
Users can access the MedNux Service simply by visiting the Website or by creating a MedNux account and becoming a MedNux User.
This Policy governs your access of the Service, regardless of how you access it, and by using our Service you consent to the collection, transfer, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses described in this Policy.
- What is Personal Information?
- As used in this Policy, the term "Personal Information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, user name or e-mail address, IP address and more), or information about that individual that is directly linked to information that specifically identifies an individual.
- Personal information does not include "Aggregate Data" (as defined below). This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of Aggregate Data, and we may share Aggregate Data about our Users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Service and for advertising and marketing purposes.
“Aggregate Data” is information we collect about a group or category of Services or users from which individual user identities have been removed.
- Personal Information we collect
The following are the specific types of information we may collect from you when using the Service:
- Information You Provide –
When you register an account and become a MedNux User, we collect some personal information, such as your name, username, password and e-mail address, contact information, Education, publications and any other information you may choose to provide in the registration form.
Our Service lets you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our Services provides you with different options for sharing and removing your content.
- Information that we get from your use of the Service –
We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, this information includes, inter alia:
- Information you choose to share. We may collect information that you choose to share while using MedNux, such as but not limited to, when you post a comment or upload an article or a study.
- Information regarding your use. When you take an action, such as adding a User or importing contacts on MedNux, you share information regarding such. We receive information whenever you interact with MedNux, and regarding any actions taken by you on MedNux.
- Information you choose to make public. We may collect Information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available. This is information that anyone will be able to see, including those who are not MedNux Users.
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information, including phone number).
- Log Data.We automatically record certain information from your mobile device, account, and your activity on the Service. This information may include the IP address, access times and language.
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers.
Cookies used on the Website:
“Cookie” – means a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
"Pixels" - are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and are often used in connection with cookies.
“Web beacon” - means an electronic image, also called a "gif," that may be used on our Web pages to deliver Cookies, count visits and compile statistics on usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Please note that the above subsections regarding Information that we get from your use is not an exhaustive list of all of the information and/or methods of collecting information used by us and we reserve the right to use any information which is provided to us or comes to our knowledge by any legal means regarding and/or related and/or connected to your use of the Service and you do not and will not have any claim and/or contention against us and/or anyone acting on our behalf regarding same.
- Use of Personal Information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from our Service to provide, maintain, protect and improve it, to develop new Services and to protect our users.
When you contact MedNux, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Service, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. You can control most of the notifications you receive, using controls we provide, such as but not limited to a control included in the email you receive or in your Notifications settings.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services.
We offer tools to help you upload your friends' contact information so that you and others can find Users on MedNux, and invite friends who do not use MedNux to join and become Users. When you invite a friend to join MedNux, we send a message on your behalf using your name, and we may also include names and pictures of other people your friend might know on MedNux
Please note that we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
- 4. Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- For external processing
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside MedNux when we have your consent to do so your information with third parties for the third parties' own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with government agencies, companies, organizations or individuals outside MedNux if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MedNux, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
4.4 Information security
We work hard to protect MedNux and our Users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
We encrypt the majority of our services using SSL
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- 5. Control your posts and Content
- All content uploaded in the MedNux website will be available to the public this means that anyone, including people off of MedNux, will be able to see or access it.
- MedNux social networks provided by MedNux to its Users. Whenever you post content, you can select a specific audience, or even customize your audience. You can choose to make something Public. Choosing to make something means that anyone, including people off of MedNux, will be able to see or access it. You can choose to only share your content with your MedNux friends. You can also choose to hide your story from specific people.
- If you tag someone, that person and their friends can see your story no matter what audience you selected. The same is true when you approve a tag someone else adds to your story.
- When you comment on or "like" someone else's story, that person gets to select the audience. Often, you can see the audience someone selected for their story before you post a comment; however, the person who posted the story may later change their audience.
- Some things (like your name and profile pictures) are always publicly available. As a general rule, you should assume that if you do not see a "settings option" icon, the information will be publicly available.
- Other information
Your friends and others may share information about you. They may share photos or other information about you and tag you in their posts. If you do not like a particular post, tell them or report the post.
Once you are in a Group, anyone in that Group can add you to a subgroup. When someone adds you to a Group, you will be listed as "invited" until you visit the Group. You can always leave a Group, which will prevent others from adding you to it again.
- Forums, Pages and different Centers on MedNux
Forums, Pages and different Centers on MedNux are public, therefore information you share on a Forum, Page or a Center is public information. This means, for example, that if you post a comment on a Page, that comment may be used by the Page owner off MedNux, and anyone can see it.
- Personalized advertisements
We do not share any of your information with advertisers without your permission. We may share your information after removing anything that personally identifies you or combined it with other information so that it no longer personally identifies you.
We use the information we receive, including the information you provide at registration or add to your account, to deliver ads and to make them more relevant to you. This includes all of the things you share and do on MedNux, such as the Pages you like or key words from your stories, and the things we infer from your use of MedNux.
We receive data about you whenever you interact with MedNux, such as when you look at another person's page, send or receive a message, search for a friend or a page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a mobile app, make purchases through MedNux.
When you post things on MedNux, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took a photo or video.
We may get receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access MedNux, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby.
We may get receive data whenever you visit the application, visit a site with a MedNux feature (such as a social plug-in), sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to MedNux, your User ID.
Sometimes we get data from our affiliates or our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that help us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make MedNux better. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you (like how you responded to an ad on MedNux or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - ads.
If you believe your rights have been infringed, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority operating under the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
From time to time, we may change this Policy. We will provide you notice of such changes through the Website interface.